In this 94-page report, we’ve assembled valuable information from a variety of sources to help you get a handle on what’s next in the self-service industry.
First, we conducted an industry survey to capture information points from questions such as:
- What self-service applications have you deployed?
- What self-service applications do you plan to deploy in the next 12 months? In the next five years?
- Over the next 12 months, will your spending on self-service increase? What about in the next five years?
- What technologies or applications are important now, and will be important in the future?
- Which industries will benefit the most from self-service?
- What impact will digital downloads have on DVD vending kiosks?
- What impact will mobile phones have on self-check-in kiosks?
The results are analyzed and, when appropriate, compared with results from an industry survey conducted in 2007. Learning how attitudes have changed (or not) in the last three years can help us anticipate areas of change in the future.
In Part II of this report, executive and industry leaders share their insights on where self-service is today and where it’s going. These perspectives come from large companies, small companies, deployers and vendors, representing several different industries.
In Part III, we’ve compiled numerous case studies. We have examples of various types of self-service technology applications, including ordering kiosks, self-check-in, advertising, payment kiosks and interactive/entertainment kiosks.
Finally, we round out this report with a directory of Digital Screenmedia Association members organized by member category.