Entry: AT&T Flagship Store Beats Music Promotion
Submitted by: MaxMedia
Venue(s) where the content was displayed:
MaxMedia was hired by AT&T to refresh the brand vocabulary and digital experiences of its flagship store on Chicago’s Michigan Avenue and throughout their next generation of stores known as "Stores of the Future". AT&T's goal is to tell the story of its brand, products and services using digital signage - large monitors and touch screen tables. Every six weeks AT&T launches a new promotional period, and MaxMedia provides fresh corresponding content focusing on hero products, specific services, trending apps, accessories, social buzz and Network messaging.
Objectives of the content:
The chief challenge was to complement the architecture of the stores with special emphasis on the Flagship Store on Michigan Avenue and create a branded customer experience that aided in discoverability of the devices, accessories and services available in the store. We infused digital content via interactive loops on a wide range of devices and banks of giant monitors throughout the store. Our charge was to create a branded experience without distracting customers from finding their way to devices and services. The visuals are natural, candid and cinematic.
Budget category (content creation only): More than $10,000
Results of the content:
We delivered the core message that AT&T can make life easier through mobility. With AT&T, we are evolving the store from a place of purchase to an immersive brand experience that promotes how AT&T can make life easier through mobility. The shopper reaction has been positive and sales are up from other stores that have transitioned. The overall goal, however, is making the retail experience more cutting-edge and entertaining so it is a place consumers want to visit and shop. The new atmosphere is creating that environment so the brand interaction is extended and a positive connection is made between shopper and AT&T.
Selected judges' comments:
- Love the way the TWC team created great content while combining in a very innovative use of screens and content
- Appreciated how they used screens of varying sizes and formats to create an overall effect.
- I felt the screens were configured beautifully within the flagship store. They enhance the modern aesthetic of the space and go beyond the traditional 16:9 rectangles that are everywhere.
- Well produced, I appreciate how you played off the architectural elements with the graphics.
- Definitely takes the AT&T brand up a level.