The Digital Screenmedia Association (DSA) has announced the winners for the DSA Crown Awards, which recognizes excellence in digital out-of-home content.
The DSA Crown Awards ceremony was held at the Hard Rock Cafe Times Square in New York on Nov. 6 following the first day of Customer Engagement Technology World.
The categories for the content awards were Point of Sale, which is all about content on screens in store catering to the shopper; Point of Transit, which is all about reaching people are on the go, such as at airports and with digital billboards; and Point of Wait, for places where people have dwell time such as banks, elevators, and doctor’s offices. Within each of the three main categories are sub-categories for budget: over $10,000 and under $10,000 (content cost only).
The awards ceremony was co-hosted by Linda Hofflander
of Samsung and Keith Kelsen
, author of Unleashing the Power of Digital Signage
The winners are:
Category – Point of Sale (content budget of $10,000 or more)
Category – Point of Sale (content budget less than $10,000)
- Gold: Mercedes-Benz USA AMG Performance Center Digital Display, submitted by All Things Media
- Silver: Palacio De Hierro Design Screen Environment, submitted by SSL Digita
- Bronze: Avatar Virtual Banca Digital Banamex, submitted by SSL Digital
- Gold: Dee Daa Restaurants, submitted by Arsenal Media
- Silver: Texas/Church's Chicken, submitted by WAND Corporation
Category – Point of Transit ($10,000 or more)
- Gold: DTE Energy, submitted by EWI Worldwide
- Silver: Mont-Tremblant Informational Kiosk, submitted by Groupe Viva
Category – Point of Transit (less than $10,000)
- Gold: Taco Bell Interactive DOOH Campaign, submitted by Aerva
Category – Point of Wait ($10,000 or more)
Category – Point of Wait (less than $10,000)
- Gold: Christie Headquarters Lobby, submitted by Arsenal Media
- Silver: Gensler Multi-Surface Experience, submitted by The Hive
- Bronze: Adobe Executive Motion Experience, submitted by Array Interactive
- Gold: Sprint Mobile Controls LCD Screen Product Video, submitted by Two West
- Silver: Sprint MOGA Pocket Controller Product Video, submitted by Two West
- Bronze: FWi Corporate Communications Network, submitted by Four Winds Interactive
|The team from Groupe Viva celebrate their 2013 DSA Crown Award.
Judges for the DSA Crown Awards included Manolo Almagro of TPN, Michael Chase
of St. Joseph Content, Pat Hellberg
of The Preset Group, Keith Kelsen
of 5th Screen, and Anne White
Each of the entries were scored independently by the judges, who took the following into consideration:
- Did the content meet the objectives?
- Was the content engaging?
- Did the content fit the environment?
- Did the content fit the audience?
After all the judges submitted their scores, the scores are tallied and the highest average score in each category were chosen as winners.
"This year showed that corporate lobbies are a big trend as we saw this category grow exponentially with great content delivered," said judge and co-host Keith Kelsen.